It’s Friday!! Yeah!! It’s also one week until Christmas Eve (yikes!) so today in Wanda’s Kitchen we are cooking up something delicious to eat for a Christmas breakfast and I’m having my very first Christmas Recipe Linky Party.
There are certain foods that bring back memories. I remember exactly where I was when I first tried this Yummy Breakfast Roll. We were having a Christmas breakfast in my Sunday School class and someone brought this. I almost fell out of my chair after I tried it. I loooooved it (and usually it has to have chocolate in it or on it for me to love)!
Here it is: Yummy Breakfast Rolls
- 2 8-oz. tubes crescent rolls
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Unroll one can of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 13″x9″ pan. Don’t press seams together! Mix cream cheese with one cup of the sugar and vanilla; spread over the rolls. Place second can of crescent rolls over top. Pour on melted butter and top with mixture of 1/4 cups sugar and the cinnamon. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Once baked the rolls can be cut along the lines of the crescent shaped triangles. Cut in half again. These are rich but delicious!!!
Food for Thought:
I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year. And thus I drift along into the holidays – let them overtake me unexpectedly – waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself: “Why, this is Christmas Day!” ~David Grayson
I can’t wait to see your delicious Christmas recipes. It can be a dessert, appetizer, vegetable, meat, etc. I just want to know what you’re cooking this week! 🙂
- Rules for my Christmas Recipe Linky Party – If you’re joining in with a recipe link from your blog please link directly to your recipe post and not your blog URL, so that everyone can find the recipe months from now.
- Also, please post a link on your blog post that directs you back to my site so that everyone can join in the fun. Thanks so much and now lets see those recipes!!
Walking in His Grace,