I was challenged to be more intentional about serving after reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan last summer. This book was sometimes hard to read because I knew I wasn’t doing enough.
I was reminded again (why I have to be reminded I don’t know!) what Christ has done for me. I was truly challenged to do more……to love more.……and to give more.
This is one of the reasons we decided to host a foreign exchange student.
Kitty has been such a blessing to our family and I can’t imagine life without her now.
So how do we Organize our Service to others? It’s actually quite simple!
1. Organize your quiet time.
2. Organize your prayer time.
3. And then your response will be to Serve!!!!
You see the more we become like Christ the more we will want to serve others.
- send a note of encouragement to someone
- take food to a new Mom
- host a foreign exchange student
- give to a worthy cause such as Compassion International
- and the list can go on.
The point is to Serve Others!
I wanted to share this video that spurred me to stop living “safe” and “comfortable” all the time. Let’s stop thinking about ourselves and realize we are called to Serve Others!
*Now for my Giveaway!*
I’m giving away the book, Crazy Love by Francis Chan
Enter to win: (required entry)
- Leave a comment and let me know you were here.
2 Bonus Entries:
- Subscribe to my blog, or become a google follower and leave me a comment. If you’re already a subscriber or follower (thank you!) simply leave a comment and tell me.
- Tweet about this giveaway and come back and tell me about it in a separate comment.
This giveaway will end on Thursday (2/3) at 9 PM EST. The winner will be drawn at random, and notified via email.
“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.” Philippians 2:5-7