My Hair Style Video Tutorial

Good morning!

I’m going to keep my words brief, but I finally did a video tutorial on how I style my hair.

I style my hair this way because I watched video’s from Kate at the Small Things Blog and used some of her tips.

So this is your chance to head to her blog and see a professional versus me, a not so professional. :-)

One of the products I talk about is Aquage root lifter. Kate also suggested using Aquage if you want volume.

I have to say it works great!

Making these videos is quite funny so I thought I’d share one of my many bloopers with you. Enjoy!

Now for the real tutorial. I hope this helps and I’m sorry it’s still a little long. I tried to cut out as much as possible!

I already have my hair blown dry and up in clips. I usually blow dry my hair with my head turned upside down and then I use a roll brush on my ends.

Yes, I always wear earrings when I style my hair {wink}.

Hair

Well, what do you think? Did that help? (Kind, constructive criticism would be appreciated.)

Also I still need you to help me with my sponsorship to BlissDom and you could win a $25 AMEX gift card so head over here.

Beauty For the Heart~~Faith is not based on what we can see, it’s based on what He can see and He can see the big picture (my Mom had this written in her Bible and I thought I’d share it with you, so true!)

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Share on Facebook6Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter0Email to someone

Comments

1. Gina H says

I watched two of your videos on how you style your hair and am wondering if you wash & blow dry right before using the flat iron or do you wash & air dry the night before? Also, do you use any product besides the root lift in the back prior to flat ironing? I have very fine hair and can never seem to get the volume I would like whether using a round brush, curling iron or flat iron… Thanks for the video & always love your fashion sense!

• says

Hey Gina,
      I wash and dry my hair every morning and then use a flat iron. When you’re flat ironing, lift your flat iron up instead of flat ironing straight down. That should give you some volume.
      Blessings

2. Kim says

Love your website! I am also a Pastor’s wife and your ideas on fashion has helped so much! I love fashion and I believe you can mix fashion and Jesus together! Thank you so much!

3. Kim says

Love your website! Came across it on Pintrest!, I am also a Pastor’s wife and all your information helps so much! Keep up the good work spreading the gospel and fashion! Love, love, love it!

4. Kim says

I just found this web site, thanks to Pinterest!! Love, Love, Love it!!! Thank you for all your info, and God Bless!

5. says

Hey Cyndi!
    Just found your blog, and I love it! I just watched your hair style video, and you’ve inspired me to grow my hair out and try something totally new. I have a couple of questions, though. First of all, what size flat iron do you use, and do you recommend a particular brand? I’ve never used one before – always use a curling iron, but I’m tired of the added curl. Need lift, though. Also, as for the Aquage. Do you apply it to wet hair or to dry? I’d love to see a video of how you dry your hair.
    Thanks, Cyndi, and God bless!
    Angie

6. Donna says

Love your hair, so this was very helpful. I have never used a flatiron, do you suggest a brand? My hair was cut in this style and has grown out a little. Takes forever with a round brush. Going to try this and I too would love to see you do your bangs.

7. says

I would love to see how you do your bangs, too! My bangs never turn out cute like yours, they are either saggy, or they look like a 12 year old’s bangs on an old lady face. :) I often end up pinning my bangs back because they aren’t working.
    But my hair is similar enough to yours that this video was REALLY helpful. And your cute southern accent was like a cherry on top ๐Ÿ˜‰

8. Hazel says

I just recently discovered your blog and I am really enjoying it! I liked this hair tutorial! Can you please tell me what kind of hair straightner/flat iron you use? Thanks! ~~Blessings!

9. Terry Rogers says

Hi Cyndi,
    Your tutorials are so helpful! Thanks for sharing!! Would you consider sowing us how you style your bangs? That is a trouble area for me and I’m guessing others!
    Thanks so much!
    Terry

10. Sara N says

Hi Cyndi! I love your hair tutorial! You are so nice, I can relate to you instantly!
    One question: do you have natural straight hair? I think that my wavy hair will take too much time to do that style. In any case, it looks great on you!
    Thanks!!

11. says

Tonya,
    You have got the cutest hair I’ve ever seen (and I saw lots of it at Haven). Love, love, love your color. Adorable. I’ve had my hair cut like Cyndi’s for-ev-a and have been growing it out. May have to rethink that!!!

12. Cherri says

Hey Cyndi! Love the hair tutorial. My hair is cut in a very similar way, just a little shorter. I’m still working on getting that extra volume. My daughter’s getting married on March 24th and although i won’t be doing my own hair for the wedding, I will be doing it for the rehearsel dinner. I want it to look good. By the way, I am 55 and will have my red streaks again soon. It’s all in the attitude, and I think God blessed you with enough of it to rock your blonde streak! Have a blessed day!

13. jana says

How often do you wash your hair? If you don’t wash it every day, how do you style it the next day without it looking flat?

14. Becky L. says

You’re just so cute! The blonde looks good, but I know what you mean about not being sure. A year ago December my cosmetologist daughter gave me “holiday hair”, a few streaks of red (my hair at the time had various low lights of medium brown and some darker blonde for the winter) It was the big rage in the salon, and she was sure I would love it. As she did it I kept reminding her, “don’t forget I’m in my 40’s! I don’t want to look silly!”. It looked different, buti liked it. After a couple days though, the color faded to pink. My daughter was so busy at the salon it was a week before she could fix it. A whole week filled with Church meetings and appointments (of course it was!) when I showed up at one of the Church meetings, I was greeting with gasps of “oh my!” and “oh your hair!” I didn’t want to talk about it (nor hurt my daughter’s feelings) so just responded with a smile and, “don’t you just love it?!” We get a real good laugh about it now. So, the blonde in your hair, not so bad, it could be pink! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Happy Sabbath! :)

15. says

So funny, Cyndi! You are hilarious! Your hair looks great! Hannah did my hair this way following Kate’s tutorial and I have tried it several times since. I do the whole leaving it rolled in those big long hair clips though. Your version seems more simple. I need me some of that “stuff” you use for lift!

16. Marsha says

Love the video – you make it look so easy. Getting mine done Monday and can’t wait. I am going with bangs and am a little nervous, but I love yours so I am using you as my inspiration. Which salon do you go to? I am pretty sure we just live a few towns from each other. Have a great Lord’s Day!!

17. Lee Ann says

Thanks for the video. It was great! I’ve been doing my hair like that for a couple of weeks ago after watching Kate do it. My hair doesn’t look good like yours, though. Maybe I should try the Aquage.
    The blond looks good on you, and the blooper was great. Love your blog.

18. mel says

I like the blonde and have a few questions. How often do you get your hair cut? Could you please do a video showing your eye make up in a tutorial? Love the eyes! Thanks Mel

I am a grandmom too! Isn’t it the bestest!!!!!!!!

19. says

First of all, you are sooo cute!! I love your blonde streak and your mid-life crisis comment made me giggle. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You have beautiful hair and you make it look so easy…I’ve had shorter hair, but never a wedged bob. I wish I could pull off a short bob like that…who knows, maybe I’ll get brave sometime!

GREAT job on your first video!! woohoo!!

20. says

Love your hair & I’m actually diggin’ the blonde streak more & more!! My hair is cut really similar to yours, but maybe a bit shorter (I’m actually overdue for a cut!) I’m gonna have to try the Aquage! I’ve been reading Kate’s blog & have heard her talk about it. Love her tutorials!!

21. Wanda says

Cyndi,
    Your hair is gorgeous! I DO love your blonde “crisis” streak. I just got the Aquage today. I had my hair colored tonight…my usual auburn…and my beautician put in a few blonde streaks as well. I’ve known her for years and I just tell her to do whatever….lol

22. Stephanie says

Cyndi –
    I love your hair cut and must say that I love your accent! You did a great job on the video and have to say I love your “mid-life crisis”! Appreciate your website and you, your sister and your daughter inspire me to be a better person! Thanks for sharing!

23. says

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I think you did a great job. I’ve got to get me one of those straighteners. Also, was wonderin if you could let us know where you get the aquage. A girl can never have enough volume. I would love to try it.

24. says

Cyndi great job on the video I especially love the bloppers! I absolutely love your blonde streak!!! I can’t wait to try some of your techniques!!! I always look forward to your blog post! Hope you have a great God Blessed Day!!!!

25. Bonnie says

Is your tutorial not viewable on mobile devices? (I’m always able to view Kate’s.) I love your hair and would love to watch. I’ve bought Kate’s products too but haven’t tried the Aquage yet. Love your blog!

26. Kristin says

Great video! I love your “mid-life-crisis” blonde streak! It’s so fun to experiment with hair because it will always grow out…right?! Finished product looks beautiful!

27. says

Loved this! You cracked me up with your talk of the “midlife crisis!” Where do you get this Aquage? I have naturally curly, coarse, unruly hair and would love some pointers on great hairstyles for ladies my age (40’s) who need something new!

Lovin’ this blog!

Janna
    adventuresinjannaland.wordpress.com

28. Sandy says

You are so cute!! :) Great tutorial! I’d love to have a bob, but my hair is way too thick and coarse, so it’s got to be pretty short. I love your streak, looks great!!

29. Gena in Texas says

I love your blooper video too! I would do the same thing! You are just too cute! Also, love that I’m not alone in the “midlife crisis” thing. You’d think I would be past it though at my age. Keep up the great blog and blessing us with your real self!

30. says

Okay. Not bad, sis! I may have actually learned something. Ugh.
    And I’m kind of diggin’ the blonde streak!
    I have to see it in person first, though. :)
    The only mistake you made is you kept saying, “I like a little bit of volume in the back.”
    Um. no! You rock the volume in the back, girl!
    You like LOTS of volume!
    Anyway, great job! xoxo

31. says

Love the blooper!!!! And your hair looks fantastic! I like the fact that you’re not a professional, I like that you keep it real girl! Gotta go…I gotta go fix my hair lol
    Have a great weekend!

32. Kitty says

Hey Cissy I just got you on the phone, i just wanted to say that I LOVE your little highlight on your hair !!!
    HELLO FASHION !

Just, you know I got those few months ago, and more I straightned my highlights and more they became damaged. I advice you to use “argan oil” before you straight them, It help your hair to stay strong and healthy.

Love you <3

33. says

I love it!! You did a great tutorial and your hair is very pretty and suits you well. I have a shorter bob, more layered all over. I’ll have to give some of your techniques a try! Thanks for sharing! God Bless!

34. says

Cyndi, I love your blooper! Lol. The videos I have made, I do the same thing. I mess up and talk to myself like that. Too funny.

I love your ‘midlife crisis’ streak! :)

Trackbacks