Today I’m headed out to get my nails done. I don’t do this all the time but because I’m feeling kind of blah, I thought it might help. As I was thinking about having my nails done, I thought I might have gel nails done instead of acrylic nails.
Here’s a picture of gel nails:
Both gel and acrylic nails have their advantages and disadvantages.
Pros of gel Nails:
- The application method and products are odorless.
- Gel nails are very natural looking and still look like a natural nail without nail polish.
- There is little to no filing with gel applications so it doesn’t damage our natural nail.
Cons of gel nails:
- They cost more (this is a big one for me).
- They don’t last as long and are less durable than acrylic, even though they tend to cost more.
Pros of acrylic nails:
- Acrylics are very strong. When done correctly and with proper nail care, they can last a long time.
- Acrylic nail application tends to cost less than gel nail application.
Cons of acrylic nails:
- They can damage your nail bed, and this damage can create a breeding ground for fungus and bacteria.
- The application process involves strong chemicals and fumes.
Okay, I’m more confused than ever! I think I would like the gel nails but because they cost more, I may have to go with acrylic nails.
What do you all think? Have you had experience with gel nails? Which one do you like the best?
Beauty For the Heart~~This morning my devotion was on trust. Trust keeps us from worrying and obsessing, which is something I’m prone to do! The more we trust Jesus, the easier it becomes.
Colossians 2:6-7 says, “And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.”
What a beautiful verse! Let’s grow strong in our trust and our faith in Jesus Christ.
Have a blessed day!