I get a lot of emails from women over 40 asking me how to look younger and dress fashionably without trying to dress or look like their teenage daughter.
There’s no doubt we can dress fashionably but how do we look younger and not spend a fortune?
- Keep you hair length at, or above your shoulders~Side-swept bangs and hair no longer than your shoulders will take off years! Have you ever noticed when they do makeovers of women over 40, they usually cut their hair, there’s a reason for that. As we age, our hair can thin and look stringy, cutting it above your shoulders will help it look thicker and healthier and will help you look younger.
- Watch your lipstick shades~dark brown lipstick shades can age you. Creamy lipsticks are better because matte lipsticks can settle into your lip lines. Glosses are youthful and look great!
- Use cream blushes and eyeshadows~as we age, our skin becomes drier and powder blushes and eye shadows can settle into our fine lines and wrinkles. Creamier products help our skin look softer and plump.
- Don’t overpluck your eyebrows~After the age of 30 our eyebrows start to thin and they don’t grow back after you pluck them. Be careful not to overpluck!
- Whiten your teeth~As we age, our teeth begin to yellow. Whiter teeth can take years off of you. As a dental hygienist, I recommend having it done by your dentist, because they have the strongest whiteners. But if that doesn’t fit in your budget I would recommend Crest White Strips.
- Get a good night’s sleep~Few things age you overnight more than a poor night’s sleep. Sleep is important to help you feel and look beter. When you lose sleep, your eyes are puffy, your skin sallow and you can have dark circles under your eyes. Not good!
It’s amazing how these 6 steps will help you feel and look younger!
Do you have any other suggestions that might help? I’d love to hear!
Beauty For the Heart~~“We exist to make a big deal out of God. It’s not about you.
It’s not about me. It’s all about him.” @Saintly_Life