I hope you had a great holiday weekend. I say~~let summer begin! I’m ready!
We had a cookout at my Dad and stepmother’s house yesterday and I took
this delicious pasta salad.
It’s an easy and perfect side to all your cookouts during the summer months.
Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 bottle Italian-style salad dressing (I use half of the bottle)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse under cold water, and drain.
- Mix black olives, cucumber, tomatoes, and onion together in large bowl.
- Combine cooled pasta and vegetables together in large bowl.
- Pour Italian dressing over mixture, add Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Chill for one hour before serving.
This pasta salad was a hit with my whole family. You could also add green pepper, celery,
carrots or anything your family would like.
I love family get togethers and cookouts during the summer months. There’s nothing
better than spending time outside on a warm summer evening.
Last night was beautiful outside and I had fun taking some pictures of Colt Allen.
He doesn’t always cooperate because he’s wanting to get into everything these days
but I did get a few shots.
Colt Allen’s first Memorial Day……..
I soaked up some Colt Allen time. He gives the best kisses………
Some monkeys (my nephews) in a tree. If there’s a tree, they will climb!
Did you all have any cookouts or picnics over the Memorial Day weekend?
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a blessed day!