Show Off Those Shoulders With Cut Outs

Good morning!

One of the trends I’ve been wanting to wear this season is the Cut Out Shoulder top.

There are some trends that do not work for women over 40.

But a few months ago I read that your shoulders are the last thing to go for women. Ha!

I laughed out loud, and I decided then and there that the cut out top was my friend! :-)

I may not have the most toned arms and legs (I’ve been working on them)

but my shoulders are fine.

I found this top at JCPenney. The cut outs are conservative and I love the colorblocking.

Top: JCPenney (I added a white tank under the top

because it was a little low.)

Capris: Banana Republic outlet

Sandas: Kohl’s, Simply Vera Vera Wang

This would be a great “date night” outfit with my husband.

Our kids are grown but we still love date nights!

What do you think of the Cut Out Shoulder tops? Would you wear one?

Linking to: two thirty- five designs and

pleated poppy

Beauty For the Heart~~We often get caught up in the tough realities of our world, don’t we?

We grow apathetic to God along the way. But God passionately pursues us. He continues

to invite us to join “life” with Him. No matter what our days, or weeks hold, there is no doubt

that life with Him is much better than life without Him!

If you’ve been apathetic in your relationship with Jesus, renew it today!

I promise, He’s worth it!

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life

and have it abundantly.” John 10:10

Share on Facebook8Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter0Email to someone

Comments

1. says

LOVE IT! Would TOTALLY wear that!! I love your sense of style and class!!! You have a great balance of being in style, up to date, but looking very classy at the same time. Did you ever have a Harolds in your part of the country?? IT was my FAVORITE store!! Miss it so badly. You could be a Harolds model :)

2. Reneeb says

You have grown kids???? You look great!!! Cute outfit. I love the sandals — I purchased two pair from Kohls just recently — I must have missed those. Thanks for sharing. Love your post about your mom — how beautiful. Thank God for Godly mothers and Fathers!!!

3. Judy H. says

Your outfit is SO cute on you! From your shoulder :) to your sandals. I am just under 5’3″ and a SA in Macy’s told me that women my height should not wear capris. She told me that they “cut short women off” in at the wrong place making us look “dumpier” (yes ma’am that was the word) and shorter. Now, I’m not going near them! I don’t know how tall you are, but your capris look so cute on you. I’m 5’21/2″ and 107 lbs and never considered my self “dumpy”. I AM 53 years old and not comfortable wearing shorts, so I guess its long pants or skirts for me.
    Thanks for your thought provoking “Beauty from the Heart” message. I think we all need that reminding shot in the arm to keep us in the steps of our Lord.

4. says

Love it! I love that it hides the part I am uncomfortable with both under arms and the length to bottom of the shirt. I think I will look for one to wear next week; we are going away, cool and comfortable is always nice. Be blessed :) <

5. says

This is a lovely shirt! I like the bright and bold colors. I think it looks great and you showed how it can be worn with a modest look. I would definitely wear something along this line.

6. Joy says

Love that shirt Cyndi! I am more your daughter’s age, but still enjoy your clothing posts, because they are modest and conservative. Thx for being an example to even us younger girls :) We love you… and your blog! :)

7. Tonya says

very pretty photos! love the colors in the shirt and the cut outs are perfect! i am going to have to find me a couple of cut outs that are subtle like this! cute!

8. Heather N says

Last month I bought a shirt with cut outs on the sleeves and I LOVE it. It is a bright teal color. So fun, a little sassy, but still conservative.

9. Traci Ashraft harris says

I think it looks great and I would absolutely wear this. You looks so stylish and beautiful!!! No one would ever know your over 40!!!! As always, great choices :-)

10. says

I love it! And the print is fun too. And really, can I just come on over to your house, kick off my shoes and run through you grass? Oh, how I miss real grass….down hear, it is just so sad!

Have a great day!