Good morning! After my last few posts, I decided to keep it light (no pun intended) and talk about white pants for summer. I love wearing white in the summer! White pants are classic and can help keep us cool during these hot summer months.
But here’s the thing, there are some rules to follow when wearing white. White is not always easy to wear but white pants can be the perfect pairing on bottom for this season’s trendy bright colors on top. White pants look clean and crisp.
A few things to remember when wearing white:
1. Always wear neutral undergarments. White or dark panties will show through white pants. No one wants to see our undergarments!
2. Be careful where you put your white. Since white reflects light and makes things appear larger, don’t wear solid white on your largest body parts only, like your chest, hips, or thighs, because it will make those areas look bigger. If you’re wearing white pants and you have wide hips or a tummy, where a flowy blouse over your pants and don’t tuck your blouse in!
Because I’m larger in my hips, I wear a top that covers that part of my body.
3. Steer Clear of White Hosiery. Unless you’re a nurse, a bride, or under age 5, white hosiery has no place in your wardrobe. Yes, it was popular 20 years ago but not today!
4. Pair white pants with a neutral shoe. To keep yourself from looking like a nurse don’t wear white pants with white sandals. A neutral sandal looks best.
5. Don’t wear “too-tight” white pants. White tends to show every imperfection so you don’t want your white pants to be too tight. If the pockets are showing through, cut the pockets out.
I love the white on white look but you have to be thin to pull this off! Lindsey from the Pleated Poppy looks great in a white shirt and white pants. Notice her shoes aren’t white!
So, white pants are a great summer fashion trend to add to you your wardrobe but just follow these simple tips to look your best!
Thanks for stopping by! Praying you have a great day!