Eye Makeup Tips For Women Over 40

Good morning! A few weeks ago I got an email from someone asking about how to wear eye makeup for women over 40. So today I thought I’d share some quick tips for your eyes.

Jennifer Lopez is a great example in this picture of a woman over 40 wearing the perfect amount of makeup. Her makeup is soft and light.

Source

Okay, we’re probably not going to look like Jennifer Lopez but we can take some pointers from her.

DO use an eye cream specifically for your eyes before applying your makeup. This helps soften wrinkles and dark circles and will help your makeup go on smoother.

DON’T use black eyeliner. This has a very harsh effect on older eyes. Use browns and grays and try to keep your line thin.

You DON’T have to match your eyeshadow to your outfit. You should try to keep your clothing and eyeshadow in the same color family, or at least a complimentary family.

DO wear soft color eyeshadows like browns, pinks and neutrals in soft pretty shades. Often times a slight hint of color is all your eyes need to really pop and look mesmerizing.

DON’T over pluck your eyebrows. As we age we lose our eyebrows and although you might have plucked a lot in your 20s and 30s, you don’t need to overdo it in your 40s and beyond. Just keep them looking nice and neat.

DON’T ever draw on eyebrows. Yes, we do lose some (a lot) of our eyebrows but painting them on ages you! Use an eyebrow powder or eyeshadow and an eyebrow brush to add color to your eyebrows (I use brown eyeshadow). Dark haired women should go a shade lighter than their hair color. Blond haired women can go a shade darker than their hair color.

You DON’T want clumpy eyelashes. I’ve talked about mascara before but its best to go with a volumizing mascara.

Okay, I hope this helps. Remember soft and neutral colors look best at our age.

Beauty For the Heart~~I love this quote by Erwin Lutzer, “To make sure our convictions, views, and assumptions about our Creator stay based on biblical truth and not on popular consensus, we must continually check what we believe against the Scriptures.”

Share on Facebook65Google+1Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter0Email to someone

Comments

1. Atheanea says

Do not correct a person’s typing errors, we are not in an English or writing class. This site is targeting women 40 and over, have some respect Sue.
    Atheanea

2. says

Do you want to have a skin that is as smooth as a fiber glass? Do you want to have a skin that looks to be treated by a skin professional? If you want it all, definitely, clarisonic pro sonic skin cleansing is the one you are looking for. Many people did not believe on the capability and capacity of this pro sonic skin cleansing at first. However, when many people talked about the real benefits of this product, many people became curious and wanted to try it right away. With this, many pro sonic skin cleansing review came out right after the release of Clarisonic Mia Sonic Cleansing System.

3. Lucy says

Sorry can’t take anybody seriously who can’t spell ‘lose’ properly (at least not consistently).

4. says

These are great! We teach a lot of these to our MK customers. I will be passing this along to my Sales DIrector. I’m sure she will love It!

5. kelly says

Great tips! I have VERY sparse and light eyebrows. I have to draw them on every day. I, too, use a little brush and brown eyeshadow. Works great.

6. judy hall says

Excellent tips Cyndi! I have found that as I have gotten ol….(more mature) that I am much more comfortable with a soft neutral eye and brown eye liner. I recently bought a tube of brown mascara (i have blue eyes) and found that I like It on my eyes better than black.

Trackbacks

1. […] Eye Makeup Tips For Women Over 40 – Walking in Grace and Beauty – Eye Makeup Tips For Women Over 40. July 17, 2012 By Cyndi 14 Comments. … I’ve talked about mascara before but its best to go with a volumizing … This site is targeting women 40 and over, have some respect Sue. Atheanea. Reply. Nichole J. Edwards says: March 14, 2014 at 12:34 PM. Thank you … […]