Well, we’re a few weeks into the New Year and I’m looking for ways to keep myself healthy (I don’t want the flu!) and of course ways to keep my skin looking good. There are 6 steps to younger looking skin that can help all of us look and feel better.
1. Sunscreen-Many of us think that during winter months we don’t need sunscreen. But that’s just not true. We need sunscreen year round!
UV rays damage our skin. It’s important to limit our UV rays (I say limit because in the summer I am out in the sun. I use sunscreen but I do enjoy going to the pool and the beach. I do not ever go to a tanning bed!) because we know that tanning=wrinkles.
2. Sleep- 7-9 hours of sleep a night will help keep away dark circles and dull skin. Sleep is one of the best anti-aging things we can do for our skin.
If you have trouble sleeping limit your caffeine intake, turn off your computer an hour before bed and try to sleep in complete darkness. Occasionally I take around .3 mg of melatonin before I go to bed (check with your doctor before taking anything).
3. Eat your antioxidants-I recently read that the antioxidants we eat are as important as the ones in our moisturizers. Antioxidants are powerful anti-agers.
So eat those colorful vegetables and fruits. Think salads with avocados and tomatoes, blueberries on yogurt. Eat as many colors as you can daily.
4. Drink water-How many times have we heard it? We need 32 ounces a day and not only is it good for our body but it’s great for our skin. Drink up!
5. Try a Retinoid-There’s tons of anti-aging products but most dermatologists recommend the vitamin-A derivative retinol. It smooths skin, stimulates collagen growth and reduces wrinkles.
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum is a great product to use with retinol.
6. Moisturize your neck and hands-We all worry about our face but our neck and hands show our age too. You don’t have to have a special neck cream but make sure you extend the retinol and moisturizer on your neck and then apply it to the back of your hands.
A good moisturizer for your face and fine lines on your neck is Olay Complete Daily Defense SPF 30.
Whether your 20, 30, 40, 50 or beyond these 6 steps can help your skin look its best!
Do you have a beauty secret you use to help your skin look great? I’d love for you to share it!
Beauty For the Heart~~I’m a morning person, my husband is not. I recently reminded him of Lamentations 3:22-23, The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
Mornings are special! Of course my husband thinks his mercies can begin later but for me I love getting up early and basking in his mercies!
Have a blessed day!
**Disclosure: Actions you take from some of the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for cyndispivey.com.