Fact: We are all aging if we are living. But there are things we can do to have beautiful skin at any age.
Here are some of the causes of premature aging:
- Processed Foods
- Free Radicals
It’s never too late to start taking care of your skin!
Here are five of my skin care tips.
1. Drink lots of water-I know, how many times do we have to hear this, but it’s true. Hydration is key in keeping your skin looking its best.
2. Don’t sleep in your makeup-Sleep helps to restore our bodies so it’s important to go to bed with clean, moisturized skin. While you are sleeping, the body’s hydration rebalances. Skin is able to recover moisture.
3. Moisturize-Make sure you moisturize not only your face, but your neck and decolletage.
My favorite beauty tip! Keep the area under your eye moisturized with a good eye cream. If the area under your eye is dry, your fine lines will show up even more. If you’re looking tired at the end of the day, apply some eye cream under your eye and then re-apply your concealer. You look refreshed!
4. Use products that are good for your skin-This one has been a learning process for me. For years, I had no idea that most of the products I was using were actually bad for my skin.
There are no regulations on what goes into beauty products and many of the things they put in them are doing more damage than good. Ugh!
A great way to check if what you are using is safe is download the app called Think Dirty. You can check your makeup, hair products, lotions etc.
I’m shocked at some of the products I use or have used that don’t have a good rating. I’m working on finding safer products.
5. Keep your face and neck out of the sun! I use to lay out for hours and tan my face and neck. To be honest, I’m paying for that now. To keep your skin looking it’s best use your sunscreen and stay away from tanning beds.
Let’s help each other out, what are some things you are doing to keep your skin looking its best?
I’m so honored that you have taken time out of your day to stop by my blog. I’d love for you to subscribe to my blog through email. You can also follow me on social media. I’m on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Beauty For the Heart~~Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
A beautiful face is one that is transformed and renewed by the word of God!
Have a blessed day!
**There are affiliate links in this post. This does not mean you pay a dime more when you purchase a product through my link. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I make a few cents when you purchase it. I so appreciate your support of Walking in Grace & Beauty. Thank you!