Foundations have come a long way! They’re so smart these days that many of them adapt to our skin tone. Today I’m going to share the do’s and don’ts of foundation.
- Do wear foundation. Most women over 40 need some foundation.
- Do use a primer to prime the skin before applying your foundation. Primer evens out your skin before applying foundation. Most primers have silicone and silicone fills in wrinkles and pores so your foundation doesn’t settle into them.
- Do find a foundation that matches your face and neck. You want a natural look!
- Do apply a small amount and add more as needed. You don’t want to look like you have foundation on. Definitely cover your imperfections then blend and smooth to the entire face.
- Do test several foundations. Most places allow you to take the foundation back if it’s not the color.
- Do use a concealer under your eyes to hide dark circles and imperfections.
- Do use a translucent pressed powder or loose powder to keep a liquid foundation in place.
- Don’t apply foundation all the way down your neck, only to right under your jawline. You don’t want makeup on your collar.
- Don’t use too much foundation. You want a natural look. Charla Krupp in the book How Not To Look Old says, “all the beauty work we do should look as if we’ve done nothing.”
- Don’t use a concealer that is too light and noticeable.
I personally use MAC studio fix liquid, MAC Mineralize skin finish face powder and MAC Pro longwear concealer.
What do foundation and concealer do you use? Do you use a foundation primer?
Beauty For the Heart~~Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Psalm 105:4
If you’d like to follow me in some other areas, I’m on PINTEREST and you can see all the things I love. Also, chat with me on my FACEBOOK page, it’s a great way to connect with me and ask me any questions you might have. If you want to see pictures of my day to day stuff, follow me on INSTAGRAM!
*****Don’t forget about my Handbag giveaway from Ragazza Bazaar! You can enter here!*****
This is Day 10 in my 31 day series of Fashion & Beauty for Women over 40. If you’d like to start from the beginning you can go here!