Have you ever loved something someone has on so you purchase it, but when you wear it, it doesn’t look as good on you? It may be because of your body type.
It’s important to know your body type and buy what looks best on you!
Here are the 4 basic body types and how to dress them:
1. The Hourglass
- Most balanced and proportionate of the four.
- Most clothing is designed around this form.
- The bust measurement is roughly the same as the hip measurement
- Your waist is about 10 inches smaller than your bust and hips.
What to Wear: Pencil skirts and V-necked tops. Wrap dresses will show off your curves. Short fitted jackets and tailored pants with slight flare at bottom.
Celebrity Hourglass figure-
2. The Triangle
- Most common figure.
- Hips are larger than your bust and waist.
- The goal is to draw attention away from your hips.
- Emphasize your top half to create balance.
What to Wear: Wear bright colors on top, and darker colors on the bottom. Pants should be a straight leg. Choose tops that have ruffles or patterns on top to draw attention away from your hips. Empire waist dresses and A-line skirts are good choices.
Celebrity Triangle figure-
3. The Inverted Triangle
- Bust and back is larger than your waist and hips
- One of the most difficult types to find clothes that fit.
- Usually have slim legs, hips and bottom.
- Goal is to elongate the upper body.
What to Wear: Wear longer tops that end over your hips, pair with pants that taper out. Wear dark colors on top and bright colors and patterns on the lower body. V necked tops, belted jackets, and belted dresses. High heels elongate your body.
Celebrity Inverted Triangle figure-
4. The Rectangle
- The waist, bust and hips show little difference proportionately.
- Not much curve at your waist.
- Smaller bust size.
- Generally an athletic body type.
What to Wear: Chose jeans, pants, and skirts that sit below your waist. Look for tops with large print or detailing. Add necklaces and scarves to your outfit. Jackets with a cinched waist will give you more of an hour glass shape and wrap dresses look great on you.
Celebrity Rectangle figure-
Do you know your body type? Do you shop according to your body type?
Beauty For the Heart~~Such a great verse from my devotion this morning, “We have a high priest who can feel it when we are weak and hurting. We have a high priest who has been tempted in every way, just as we are. But he did not sin. So let us boldly approach the throne of grace. Then we will receive mercy. We will find grace to help us when we need it.” Hebrews 4:15-16
Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day!