Today I’m beginning a weekly series on Dressing Your Body Type. God made each of us unique! We have different shapes and sizes and knowing what to wear for your body type will help you feel and look your best!
Let’s begin with the Apple Body Type. Do any of these describe you?
1. Wider back and upper body
2. Medium to large bust
3. No defined waist and a bit of a tummy
4. Thinner legs and a flatter bottom
This is a great picture~~
Here are some guidelines on what the apple body type can wear. Remember these are only guidelines and they’re a good starting point.
- First, get measured for a properly fitted bra. Lifting the bust line is important and will help to start the waist definition.
- Create vertical lines and an illusion of a longer torso by wearing long necklaces, v-necks, embellished necklines, and shoulder details that draw the eye up.
- Conceal tummy bulge by wear tunics or empire cut tops and dresses that skim over your midsection.
- A-line and knee length skirts
- Wear boot cut and flared pants to create an even line from the shoulders down.
- Statement necklaces and earrings
- Wear belts at the smallest part of your waistline
- Wear monochromatic looks
- Wedge heels look best on you
The top clothes for the apple body type to avoid:
- Big, shapeless garments
- Big puffer or bulky jackets and coats
- Tight clingy T-shirts
- High necklines
- High waisted pants
- Short boxy tops
Okay, I would love to hear from you! Did this help those of you who are the gorgeous Apple Body Type? Are you wearing the right clothes?
Beauty For The Heart~~I couldn’t help but think of Psalm 17:8. David is asking God to keep him as the apple of his eye. Keep me as the apple of your eye. Psalm 17:8a. Isn’t it neat to think that we are the apple of God’s eye?
Have a blessed day!