So if you didn’t get on the contouring bandwagon then don’t worry about it! You are going to be good to go in 2016.
I have to say that I don’t change my makeup routine drastically in any season. I like a natural look but because I like makeup, I love to see what’s trending each season.
Here are five 2016 spring makeup trends.
1. Bold brows have made quite the statement in recent years and it looks like they won’t be losing steam in 2016.
It seems to be trending towards more of a brushed up feathery look. I recently shared about the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil I use. It’s great for sculpting your brows.
2. Lip color is always trending and ironically you can go bold or light and you’ll be trending in 2016.
Candy apple & red lipstick is popular this year but this is too dark for me so I stick to a more natural lip color. Remember dark colors can age women over 40.
Soft neutral lips and lip gloss are also trending in 2016. The important thing for women over 40 is to use a lip pencil so your lip color doesn’t bleed into fine lines around the lip. Don’t draw a line with the lip pencil but cover your entire lip and then add lip color.
3. Glitter looks to be hot for 2016. Did you see Lady Gaga’s eyes when she sang the national anthem at the Superbowl?? That’s the look that SOME people will be wearing in 2016. Not me, of course.
4. Doll-like eyelashes are hot in 2016. This trend is hard to master if you don’t have long lashes and I don’t think we want to overdo our lashes.
There are products that you can use to help lengthen your lashes, RevitaLash ‘Nouríche’ Eyelash Conditioner is pricey but gets great reviews for lengthening lashes. (One tube is supposed to last around 6 months.)
5. Perfectly Pink Cheeks. Go for a subtly amped up flush to make you look instantly fresh-faced. Applying the blush on your cheekbones and blending into the hollows of your cheeks to mimic where little kids naturally get pink in the face.
This is not an exhaustive list of the 2016 spring makeup trends but some of them are so far out there, I don’t even want to mention them.
Have you seen any makeup trends you like? What trends do you want to try in 2016?
Beauty For the Heart~~If you want to know the will and voice of God, you must devote time and effort to cultivate a love relationship with him.
How do we do that? Set aside time each day to read His word and for prayer. I promise you, it will make a difference!
Have a blessed day!
**There are affiliate links in this post. This does not mean you pay a dime more when you purchase a product through my link. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I make a few cents when you purchase it. I so appreciate your support of Grace & Beauty. Thank you!!