Hello friends! Yesterday I mentioned that I shared in my talk over the weekend, How To Take 10 Years Off This Week.
So many of you asked about it, that I thought I would share the tips with you today. These are super easy but I believe they really work!
1. Exfoliate your skin-As we age, our skin dulls. Exfoliation is a must. Use my easy coconut oil scrub once a week and your skin will thank you.
2. Cut some bangs-As we get older bangs become important. Not only can they hide our wrinkles but they soften our face and give us a more youthful appearance.
3. Polish your toes-Aging can change our toenails. To keep them looking their best in your sandals and peep toe boots, make sure they are manicured and polished.
4. Pick up a “trendy” accessory-Accessories are game changers for women over 40. Add some trendy jewelry, handbag or shoes to your outfit and you will instantly look younger.
5. Pick pink for your pout-Dark color lipsticks age us so lighten up your look with a soft pink lipcolor. I use this lipcolor.
6. Use a Brow pencil-Eyebrows thin as we age so make sure you add some brow color to your eyebrows. Don’t draw a line. Use eyeshadow or a good brow pencil and fill them in. Don’t over pluck your eyebrows. I love this brow pencil.
7. Slim down your eyeliner-It’s best to leave the cat eyes and thick eyeliner to younger ladies. Too much eyeliner draws attention to the lines around our eyes.
8. Lighten up your foundation-It’s important to use a good foundation that matches your natural skin color. Remember we are going for a natural look as we age. I use this foundation.
9. Slip on heels-Heels (even a slight heel) elongate us and gives a slimmer look. Wedges are a great heel that are easier to wear.
10. Wear shapewear-Shapewear is our friend. I rarely go without a cami or tank under my tops. Lumps and bumps can show through your tops (always check your back) and your pants. Shapewear smooths and helps us look our best.
Lastly, I showed a picture of what I was wearing yesterday. The tunic is from Glamour Farms but they have very few left so that’s why I haven’t styled it on my blog. I’m wearing a small. Use discount code graceandbeauty357 for $10 off.
I’m so honored that you have taken time out of your day to stop by my blog. If you don’t want to miss a post, you can sign up to receive my daily emails and you’ll never miss a thing. I’m also on Facebook, Pinterest and my favorite one, Instagram.
Beauty For the Heart~~Jude 1:2 says, May God give you more and more mercy, peace, and love.
- Mercy-If God gave me what I deserve, yikes. I’m thankful he loves me and gives me more and more mercy.
- Peace-couldn’t we all use some peace? I want peace in my home, in my church and definitely in this world.
- Love-I’m not talking about loving the people that are easy to love. But Lord help us love the unloveable!
Have a blessed day ladies full of mercy, peace and love!
**There are affiliate links in this post. This does not mean you pay a dime more when you purchase a product through my link. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I make a few cents when you purchase it. I so appreciate your support of Grace & Beauty. Thank you!