You all know I love to look at trends for the coming year. I can’t wait to see the trends we might wear in 2017. But, before we get there I think it’s fun to look at some out of style fashion trends.
Let me start by saying to not look at this as black and white. These are just trends I found online that are going out of style or some people would like to see go out of style.
I have noticed over the years that typically trends hit large cities first and then they trickle down to the rest of us. Same rule applies to out of style fashion.
And to be clear if somethings out of style and you’re still wearing it, it’s not the end of the world. Life is too short to take fashion too (or is to??) seriously.
Here we go!
1. The tulip flare look is moving on to a more structured look-I am happy to see this trend fading out. I’m ready for a more structured look.
The tunic below has the tulip flare. I think we will still wear tunics but they will not be so flowy. If that makes sense!
2. Heels four to five inches or higher-I love me a heel! But I’m not sure many of us are wearing 4 or 5 inch high heels. Good to know they’re fading out!
3. Overly distressed skinny jeans-Okay I said this last year but they are still hanging on. Kim Kardashian is still wearing them so they may not be going anywhere soon. (I know we all look to her for fashion, right?? 🙂 )
Everyone seems to have an opinion on distressed jeans, you either love them or you hate them. While distressed jeans are still popular, they’re taming them down a bit!
I do think we are going to see some changes in denim. The hemline seems to be the area they are concentrating on with slits and the frayed hem.
4. Hippie Chic (I think it’s the boho style)-Again I’m not sure I was ever hippie or chic but it’s fading in the fashion industry. Hippie chic is ready to peace out.
5. Fringe-Well, I have to admit I like a little fringe but supposedly it had it’s day. Time to retire the fringe-y bag and other embellished accessories and opt for a more sleek silhouette as you enter 2017.
Lastly, I’m on the fence about the cut out shoulder trend. I know some of you dislike it and some of you love it but right now I see it still hanging around this spring and summer.
What trends would you like to see go in 2017?
Thank you for taking time out of your day to stop by my blog. If you don’t want to miss a post, you can sign up to receive my daily emails and you’ll never miss a thing. I’m also on Facebook, Pinterest and my favorite one, Instagram.
Beauty for the Heart~~So thankful my identity is not in what I’m wearing whether it is “in style” or “our of style”. My confidence and my hope is in Jesus.
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand -Edward Mote
Have a blessed day!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on what that means, see my About Page: Blog Compensation and Disclosure.