Happy Saturday ladies! As promised, I’m going to answer your burning questions. Haha! Thank you for commenting yesterday and most of the questions you asked are the ones I get quite often. Make sure you read to the end for the giveaway!
1. Several of you asked about this stripe shirt I was wearing. I received it several months ago in my Stitch Fix box. It was cool in Kentucky the day I was flying home so this was a perfect top to wear. The brand is ReneeC.
2. Where did I get the necklace in this picture?? I typically wear pieces that I can link to but on this day I wore a necklace that was given to me as gift from my cousin. She purchased it at a boutique here in Lexington but it was last year. Sorry about that!
3. What nail polish and toe polish do you wear? I wrote a post about how I do my nails here. The lady who does my nails is a friend and she works from her home. It’s quiet and peaceful and we talk about family and Jesus and everything in between. I love her! She puts acrylic on my nails.
She also paints my toes and I use OPI Alpine Snow. I hope white polish doesn’t go out of style! I don’t like switching polish and I like that I can wear white all spring and summer and it matches everything. I like simple and easy.
You can see I’m a fan of neutrals on my hands and feet!
4. Let’s talk undergarments. I had to laugh when you all asked what bra I was wearing with this halter because I just tucked my bra straps in my bra. Ha!! Just for the picture. I will wear a strapless bra with this halter top.
Strapless bra-this is the most comfortable strapless bra I have ever worn. It stays put and I will wear it all day. Usually be the end of the day I’m ready to take it off but that’s typical of any bra I’m wearing.
T-Back (razorback) bra-I wear a lot of sleeveless dress and tops in the summer and I don’t like my straps showing. This bra works great! I wear it all the time.
Everyday Bra-this is a great everyday bra and I wear it a lot too.
Bonus, my favorite undies-these are so comfortable!!
Make sure you check the sizing on the bras because I think some of them run a little different. I typically order two different sizes and then send back the one that doesn’t work.
5. Exercise and clean eating-Okay, many of you know that I am passionate about staying healthy. It’s not easy and I have tried several different exercise programs.
I have been clean eating (not everything I eat but I try my best) for several years. I love the Skinny Taste blog for recipe ideas. Sometimes I order the box services and then I will quit for a while. I don’t like to cook so I keep it very simple, 1 Meat and 2 vegetables.
I have cut out most bread, dairy, and I don’t eat a lot of sugar. I still enjoy my sweets but I don’t over do it.
Right now I’m doing the Faster Way To Fat Loss Bootcamp. I LOVE IT! Many of you are joining me on this round that starts on Monday and I can’t wait!
It’s not easy but it’s doable. We workout 5 times a week and use weights which is what I was lacking in my previous workouts. There will be another round beginning May 22nd so I’ll be sharing more information for those of you who are interested.
I feel better and have more energy. Amanda Tress is our trainer and she is so encouraging and is passionate about helping women feel better.
6. Do I use self tanner on my face? No. I use it CC Cream in tan. But my secret to having a sun kissed look on my face is I use BareMinerals BareSkin Sheer Sun Serum Bronzer. I love this stuff! I add one drop to my cc cream and mix it up and add it to my face with a foundation brush.
7. What skincare do I use? Okay, I am one of those people who LOVE to change my skincare and try new products. I recently tried the Drunken Elephant skincare line and I really like it.
I use this JuJu Bar in the shower on my face every morning. I use this over the counter Retin A (this stuff is amazing and fades my age spots on my face) 4 to 5 times a week at night and the JuJu Bar removes in any dead skin from my face.
I get asked about my skin a lot (always surprises me) but I think part of having healthy skin is taking care of your over all health. I drink lots of water, don’t smoke, I use sun screen, never go to a tanning bed, yada yada yada.
8. What do you use under your eyes for dark circles? I definitely have dark circles! I use this eye cream every morning and night.
9. How do you keep your makeup from sweating off? I use CoverFx Illuminating Setting Spray. Love. this. stuff!
10. Do you get a lot of free clothes? Are you compensated? How much time do you spend on your blog?
Okay I am ALWAYS up front that this blog is my business and my income. I do get a large amount of free clothes but I’m also compensated for writing about the clothes. Free clothes or products don’t pay the bills.
When I first started blogging I loved getting free products but as my business has grown I am not able to accept product to share on my blog without being compensated. I will sometimes share about free products on my Facebook or Instastories on Instagram.
I spend a huge amount of time on my blog. I have a home office and I work regular hours at home just like I were going to work everyday. I’m sure at times this seems easy but there is so much work that goes into my business. I have deadlines that have to be met. When I work with a company they not only want a post written but they want it to be shared on all my social media.
Let me be clear about this. I get offered a ton of product and compensation that I turn down because it doesn’t fit with my brand or I don’t like it. I am always thinking about you, my readers, and I only share with you what I love! I feel like I have built a trust with you and I don’t take that lightly. If it is on my blog it’s because I love it.
Whew!! If you are still reading I feel like you deserve a trophy or something!! Haha!! I hope you know how honored I am that you stop by my blog. I am beyond blessed to be able to work at a job I love and I get to meet so many amazing women.
Just as a way of saying thank you I am giving away a $100 gift card to LOFT for one Grace & Beauty reader!
Beauty for the Heart~~I have gotten a lot of questions about our new journey. My husband recently resigned from his current position as senior pastor. In case you are new around here, I shared about our new journey here.
Thank you all for asking! We are both doing great. We are confident in our decision and believe that God has a plan. We are excited about whatever God wants us to do. You will be seeing a little more of Mr. Spivey here on the blog. Both in styling and sharing about faith. Videos are hopefully coming soon.
He is doing some preaching and will be preaching this Sunday. We are both passionate about sharing Christ and loving people!
Have a blessed day!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on what that means, see my About Page: Blog Compensation and Disclosure.