Do you ever wonder what God wants us to be doing? What is His plan for you, what is His plan for me?
We could talk about that question all day but I think scripture gives us some answers.
Jesus clearly commands that the goal of our lives should be to behave so that God gets the glory. We should live so that others will see our life and give our Father in heaven glory.
Matthew 5:14-16 says, Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
John 3:30 says, He must become greater; I must become less.
How do we live so that God gets the glory? How does this look in our everyday life?
- It’s giving God glory on the good days and on the bad days.
- It’s giving God glory in your marriage.
- It’s giving God glory in your joys.
- It’s giving God glory in your sorrows.
- It’s giving God glory in the mundane and in the extraordinary.
Not to us, LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. Psalm 115:1
God gets glory NOT when we strive to be perfect but when we rely upon His strength and trust in Him each and everyday.
Let’s glorify Him today!
This is such a beautiful song…..
Have a blessed Sunday!