I think all of us are watching Hurricane Irma and praying for the people in Florida. We pray for protection and safety as this storm starts to make landfall.
Joshua 1:9 reminds us that no matter what we go through God is with us. In the midst of any storm, He is our hope.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
God wants us to trust him. Trust Him in this crazy, messed up world.
Trust him when bad things happen like storms, when children are diagnosed with cancer, when a loved one passes away.
In the midst of chaos and storms remember:
- For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. Psalm 33:4
- Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10
- Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Trust God. You were placed by His hand on this planet for this moment. So don’t lose heart! Be strong and courageous, He is with you!