I don’t know about you, but I love to laugh. I love to be around people who make me laugh. Life is serious enough and there have been seasons in my life that I struggled to find my laughter.
When we are in difficult seasons laughter can be the medicine we need. There is nothing selfish about asking God to send more of it into our lives. Laughter is infectious. If we are more joyful, then it is likely that our joy will spread to others.
Here are some scripture verses about laughter:
- A time to cry and a time to LAUGH. Ecclesiastes 3:4a
- He will once again fill your mouth with LAUGHTER and your lips with shouts of joy. Job 8:21
- A CHEERFUL disposition is good for your health. Proverbs 17:22a
- We were filled with LAUGHTER, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, “What amazing things the LORD has done for them.” Psalm 162:2
- Sarah then said, “God has given me cause to LAUGH, and all who hear of it will LAUGH with me. Genesis 21:6
Each day brings new opportunities and a fresh start. We can put yesterday’s trials and troubles aside and begin again. Decide today to find joy and laughter somewhere in your day, and then try to bring it to those around you.
Remember, This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
Look forward to a wonderful day ahead and don’t look at the mistakes and problems of yesterday. When Wayne and I need a good laugh, we watch this video of a little boy making his case for a cupcake. He is a hoot!