Hey ladies! I am trying to do a Questions and Answers post once a month. I typically get a lot of questions and when I start to get the same ones over and over, I know I need to do this post.
1. How did you tie your scarf? I’m going to do an Instasories video on how a tie this scarf. It’s a square scarf, and I folded it and tied it in a knot twice. It’s called the choker style and wrapping a silk scarf around your neck is on trend.
2. Will you show us how you style your hair? Yes.
I’m going to do a hair tutorial on how I add soft curls. I use the T3 curling iron to create this look. I wash my hair every 2 to 3 days so the first day, I typically wear it straight, and then I add curls on day 2 or day 3.
3. I still get a lot of questions about this jute rug in my living room. It’s from Pottery Barn, and I have had it for several years, but they still carry it. I’m guessing it’s a popular rug! You can find it here.
4. I also get asked about my paint color. It’s Benjamin Moore Greenbriar Beige. It’s darker than what I like. There are some places in my home that are painted Manchester Tan by Benjamin Moore, and I wish this was the color throughout my house. I like the lighter color better.
5. Another question I often get is, am I a Faster Way to Fat Loss Coach? No, I’m not a coach. I had seriously considered it, but I don’t feel I can add anything else to my plate at this time. The program is amazing and I have thought about creating a Facebook page to share recipes, and answer questions. Would anyone be interested in that?
6. I get this question every week, several times a week. “I love your blog, and I’ve always wanted to start a blog, can you tell me how you got started and what I need to do.”
I started blogging in 2009 before anyone knew what a blog was and I started it as a hobby. There wasn’t any information online, and there was no Pinterest and no Instagram.
I had no idea this would eventually become my full-time job (I am a dental hygienist by profession) but it has, and it keeps me very busy. Most days I love it, but as with any job, there are some things I don’t love.
I am not able to work one on one with women who want to start a blog. I don’t have the time, and truthfully there are more capable people who can help you. There is nothing you can’t find by googling. Google is your friend.
I would recommend Amy Lynn Andrews (How to Start a WordPress blog), and my favorite Influencer podcast is Julie Solomon. I will say while it might look easy to blog, there is A LOT of behind the scenes work. I’m not saying you can’t do it, but know it’s work.
7. What devotional book do you use? Ladies, I have used so many devotional books over the years that I can’t count. I will tell you my favorite book is the Bible. Sometimes I think we read more of what other people think (devotional books) than digging into God’s word.
Don’t get me wrong; I love a good devotional! But, there are two things I try to do every day. First, I have a gratitude journal. This is not a prayer journal. Every day, I write down 4 to 5 things that I’m grateful for.
If later in the day, I have a bad attitude, I go back to that journal and remind myself of all I have to be grateful for!
Next, there is a place in most Bibles that have a daily reading plan. I use this to read my Bible daily. I ask two questions, what is this passage saying, and how can I apply it to my life?
Some days I may not feel it’s saying anything to me BUT I’m hiding God’s word in my heart (Psalm 119:11), and I know it won’t return to me empty (Isaiah 55:11).
Okay, I think that’s all the Questions and Answers for today, this post is getting too long.
Beauty for the Heart~~Not every thought needs to be shared. Not every opinion should be aired. If we truly want to be thought leaders, we must lead our own thoughts first. ~Lysa Terkeurst
As wives, as moms, etc. our words matter. We need to choose them wisely and everything that we think doesn’t have to be said. And we certainly don’t have to share everything on social media. Let’s be women who speak kindness.