This past week when I shared the Gibson X Hi Sugarplum Resort Collection I was asked several times, “What strapless bra are you wearing with your outfits?”
So I decided to dedicate a post to essential undergarments. Here is the truth, undergarments are the base of every outfit and the most important items you’ll wear every single day.
This is true for every woman but especially as we age, undergarments keep things in place, and they can make or break your outfit.
When it comes to bras, I’ve been told by bra specialists; they should be replaced about every six months to a year. I typically try to replace mine every January. It’s important that our bras FIT WELL.
So here is my list of Essential Undergarments Every Woman Should Have:
1. Bliss Cotton Briefs | When you need a comfy pair of panties that are not going to show any lines, these are my go-to pair.
2. Racorback Bra | Ideal for tanks and tops that you want to hide bra straps. This one is comfy, and it has pretty lace detail on the back.
3. Soma Intimates Wireless Bra | Sometimes I prefer a no wire bra, and this is the best one. So comfy and full support.
4. Full Coverage Everyday Bra | This is my everyday bra that I wear with heavy sweaters, dresses, and blouses.
5. Strapless Bra | Hands down this is my favorite strapless bra. It stays up, and it’s comfortable (at least as comfortable as a strapless bra can be).
6. Spanx Mid-thigh Shorts | When I’m wearing something that hugs my hip and rear area these are what I wear. These Spanx are incredibly smooth, and they don’t roll up.
7. Hue No Show Socks | I probably get this question asked every week, several times. What socks do I wear with my booties? These are my favorite no show socks.
8. Hanky Panky Original Rise Thong | This is actually a personal preference, and you obviously don’t have to wear a thong. But if I’m sharing essential undergarments for me, I have to be honest and say that 95% of the time I’m wearing a thong but only this brand. They fit great and are very comfortable. They are sized as one size fits most. I will say that they are a little pricey, but they hold up so well and are totally worth it.
9. T-Shirt Bra | A tee shirt bra is an essential. Their smooth, full, no line cups are perfect under t-shirts, silk, and light sweaters.
Beauty For The Heart~~When I was writing this post, it struck me that I was sharing what we wear underneath our clothes and how we will look better when our undergarments are good.
Just like undergarments, what is on the inside (our heart) makes a difference in our overall appearance. While we talk a lot about clothes, makeup, jewelry, etc. around here, these are fun “girly” things. But they aren’t eternal.
1 Peter 3-3-4 (TPT) says, Let your true beauty come from your inner personality, not a focus on the external. For lasting beauty comes from a gentle and peaceful spirit, which is precious in God’s sight and is much more important than the outward adornment of elaborate hair, jewelry, and fine clothes.
I love how scripture reminds us where our true beauty comes from. Let’s strive for a gentle and peaceful spirit.
Have a blessed day!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.