Hi ladies! I hope you’re having a good week and you’re ready for the holiday weekend. My sister and her family are coming home tomorrow and spending the weekend with us, so I’ve been busy getting ready. We went to Costco yesterday so we’d have plenty of food for the weekend!
Today I’m sharing my 5 wardrobe essentials for early fall. On Monday evening, I had a women’s ministry meeting, it was raining and a little chilly, this is what I wore to the meeting. When it’s chilly this time of year, this is my go-to outfit.
1. Long cardigans– I mentioned this when I shared layering pieces for fall, but I really like duster cardigans. I like to have a variety of colors to add to my outfits. This Leith duster cardigan isn’t too long on me so I think it would be a great option for my petite ladies.
2. Camisoles– I love wearing camisoles, and I have several in different colors. I think they’re feminine and look great with a cardigan. They’re also lightweight, which is perfect for early fall.
3. A Neutral Handbag- A neutral handbag for the season is always a great accessory. I recommend going for a neutral like taupe or cognac because they typically go with everything. Sole Society is one of my favorite places to purchase my handbags.
4. Wedge Sneakers– While I love booties for fall, in early fall, I love a cute pair of sneakers as a transitional shoe. When I don’t want to wear sandals with my outfit, and I’m not ready for a boot, a wedge sneaker is a great option!
I purchased these sneakers during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but they’re back on sale for 40% off! They run small so size up 1/2 size. I also have this wedge sneaker, and it’s on sale too!
5. Denim– A great fitting pair of jeans is a wardrobe staple. I’m wearing a pair of premium jeans that I’ve had for several years. I purchased them during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. These are hands down my favorite jeans. As far as cost per wear, I have gotten my money’s worth out of them.
For a less expensive option, these Wit & Wisdom jeans are great!
Leith Cardigan (I’m wearing an XS)//Camisole (this one is sold out, but this is a similar option)//AG Jeans (I’m wearing a size 28, less expensive option here)//Sneakers (order 1/2 size up)//Handbag (mine is sold out but more options here)//Pearl Necklace//Earrings//Leopard Belt
There you go, My 5 Wardrobe Essentials for Early Fall!
Beauty For the Heart~~Tonight we begin our Thursday night Bible study that we have with 3 other couples. We are reading through the book, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero. I can’t wait to dive into this book and start discussing it.
I have already learned a lot, and I’ll probably share some of it with you over the next few months. One of the things I’ve learned is that we don’t need to push our emotions down or ignore them. God gave us emotions.
“Ignoring our emotions is turning our back on reality. Listening to our emotions ushers us into reality. And reality is where we meet God. . . . Emotions are the language of the soul. They are the cry that gives the heart a voice. . .” -Peter Scazzero
Have a blessed day!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.