Hi ladies! I have talked about this topic before, but it’s one that many of us struggle with, it’s having a quiet time. It sounds simple, so why do we struggle?
I try to study scripture and have my prayer time (I pray more throughout the day, but I want to start it with prayer) first thing in the morning. If I’m not careful, I can let emails, social media, work, etc. take priority.
Believe me, the enemy would like nothing more than to keep us so busy, that we never open our Bible.
If we want to look more like Christ, we have to spend time with him, and there’s no better way than reading scripture.
Psalm 119:105 tells us, Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
There is no wrong or right way but here are 5 Tips To Help You With a Daily Quiet Time.
1. Find a Place- Pick a specific spot in your home that is comfortable and free from distractions. Make this your special place.
2. Pick a time of day- I’m a morning person, and I like to begin my day in God’s word. It’s the first thing I do every morning. I grab my cup of coffee and spend time reading His word and praying.
The time of day is not important but just find a time that works for you.
3. Use a Study Bible– A study Bible has application notes, personality profiles, and charts. For everyday reading, I use the New Living Translation.
4. Use a Devotional Guide- I like the structure of using a devotional guide, but I like one that encourages me to read more than one verse. It’s important that we READ scripture. I love the First 5 Bible App.
5. Discipline- Commit to doing your quiet time consistently for at least 30 days. Try it every day without exception whether you feel like it or not.
Having a daily quiet time will not be easy. It will require sacrifice, but the more you do it, the more it will become a part of your daily schedule.
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11
If you want to dig deeper, I have something you might be interested in, it’s called Simple Seminary, and I’m excited to be giving away a one-year membership free!
Do you ever feel like you don’t know as much as the other women in your Bible study? Have you ever wondered what in the world Genesis has to do with Revelation and how the whole story fits together?
Simple Seminary is an accessible, affordable way to take the next steps in your understanding of scripture.
At Simple Seminary, they hold your hand, hold you accountable as you make actual progress toward truly understanding the Bible.
The Simple Seminary team is led by Whitney Capps-national speaker and author for Proverbs 31 Ministries.
She also writes for the First 5 app and released her first book, Sick of Me with B & H Publishing along with a Bible Study from LifeWay Women.
The cost for Simple Seminary is just $24/month (that’s $6 a week) to get theological instruction, tailored questions and your own personal professors. You find out more HERE.
1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP FREE
Have a blessed day!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter. Also, sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.