Happy Sunday, ladies! It’s the last Sunday before Christmas, and that’s hard to believe.
As I begin a new week, I was thinking about everything I need to get done before next Friday.
While Christmas looks different this year, I still have gifts to wrap, food to make, and I need to address my Christmas cards to send out (better late than never!).
Most importantly, I want to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. How can I celebrate the birth of Jesus this week?
Here are some things I plan to do:
*Set aside a special time to read the Christmas story in Luke 1:5-56 through 2:1-20.
*I’m going to purchase a birthday cake for Jesus and have it for our family on Christmas day.
*Before we open gifts on Christmas day, my husband will read the Christmas story.
*We’ll attend a Christmas church service together as a family. ( I know this year is different with Covid, but our church is still having Christmas Eve services. It’s always the highlight of our family’s Christmas.)
It’s been a hard year with COVID-19, political, and social unrest. I’ve had days when I felt I couldn’t handle all that was going on in the world.
But scripture reminds us we still have hope!
- So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord! Psalm 31:24
- I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. Psalm 130:5
- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
This Christmas season, will you join me and make room for Jesus? Don’t worry if your tree isn’t perfect or the baking isn’t finished. It’s not about perfect packages or perfect tablescapes.
It’s about Jesus……
“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14
Hope has a name!
Have a blessed day!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.