Ladies, there’s no doubt about it; our skin changes as we age. What worked for us in our twenties and thirties will not be relevant to our skin now.
The skincare we use can have a tremendous impact on diminishing the signs of aging and improving our skin’s overall health.
Here are 6 skin care essentials you need in your 40s and beyond to help with the signs of aging:
1. Hydrating cleanser – washing your face before bed helps to eliminate the day’s grime of oil, makeup, pollution, and dirt. It also decreases the chance of getting clogged pores.
2. Retinoid or retinol (vitamin A derivative) Or Bakuchiol (a natural alternative to retinol) -Vitamin A is a powerful multitasker, able to reverse sun damage, stimulate collagen production, decrease wrinkling, retexturize the surface of the skin, and even out pigmentation.
3. Antioxidant serum with vitamin C – increases radiance, builds firmness, increases collagen, and helps prevent skin from the effects of pollution. Adding vitamin C to your skincare routine can not only brighten your complexion but also protect against skin damage caused by sun exposure and harmful free radicals.
4. Moisturizer – As we age, a good moisturizer can help with the signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and more.
5. Eye Cream to combat Specific Issues – When it comes to eye creams, get one that focuses on specific aging issues like fine lines, wrinkles, puffy eyes, or dark circles.
6. Sunscreen – a must for your skin, whether it’s sunny or cloudy, we need sunscreen on our face and neck.
If you’re looking to stock up on your beauty favorites or to try some new products, Sephora has their Spring Savings Event going on right now. You need to be a Beauty Insider but it’s totally free so sign up HERE.
When you can shop depends on how much you spend in a calendar year. Here’s the breakdown for this year’s Spring savings event:
- ROUGE: Friday, 4/9 – Monday, 4/19
- VIB: Tuesday, 4/13 – Monday, 4/19
- INSIDER: Thursday, 4/15 – Monday, 4/19
Each customer can redeem their discount as many times as they’d like during their allotted tier-level time period.
Here are some top picks in each category:
Retinoid or retinol (vitamin A derivative) Or Bakuchiol (a natural alternative to retinol)
Vitamin C Serum
What is your favorite skincare product?
Beauty For the Heart~~ One of the things we know we should do is cleanse our faces every day. Scripture also talks about cleansing but it’s a different type of cleansing.
1 Corinthians 6:11 says, But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
That’s the most important type of cleansing!
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.