Staying healthy over 40 and beyond is not an easy task, but I genuinely believe these can be some of our best years. Today I’m sharing some healthy tips to help us feel and look our best!
When my kids were young, I never felt I had enough time to focus on my health, and I was so busy with them. I didn’t make my health a priority.
Now that we’re empty-nesters, I have more time to work at staying healthy. Embrace this season of life and start making some changes to keep you healthy for the rest of your life.
Here are Healthy Tips For Women Over 40:
1. Eat clean. What you eat is key to staying healthy, feeling good, and looking fit in your 40’s and beyond. It’s important to eat foods with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Antioxidants are naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin A, C, E, zinc, lutein, and green tea, that can boost your overall health.
Green tea can brighten up your complexion by eliminating impurities from your skin.
I also try to limit my sugar intake, which is always a battle because I love sweets. I used to eat M&M’s all the time, but now when I’m craving something sweet, I’ll make these energy bites.
2. Drink plenty of water. Water helps with every function in the body. As we age, water’s health benefits become even more important for energy, kidney function, and so much more.
I drink water throughout the day (I drink black coffee in the morning). Sometimes I add Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier to my water, and it tastes great!
I quit drinking diet coke years ago, and when I need something with some fizz, I drink a Zevia cola.
3. Exercising regularly. Just 30 minutes a day gives your metabolism a jump start. You don’t have to join a gym to exercise. There are plenty of workout programs online.
Muscles start to shrink as we age. Add weights to your exercise routine to maintain your muscles.
Strength training helps prevent losing muscle mass, improves symptoms of arthritis, prevents osteoporosis, diabetes, and lowers the body-fat percentage.
4. Get Sleep – Sleep is connected to our productivity and even our eating habits. Sleep is crucial, yet it can be hard to get as we age.
Exercise during the day can help you wind down in the evening and prepare for sleep.
Some of the benefits of sleep are:
- Get sick less often.
- Stay at a healthy weight.
- Lower your risk for serious health problems, like diabetes and heart disease.
- Reduce stress and improve your mood.
5. Eat More Protein – I try to eat more protein and fewer carbs. That doesn’t mean I don’t eat carbs, but I try to watch my carb intake.
Protein makes you feel full, helps with muscle mass, boosts metabolism, can help you lose weight, and generally helps you stay fit as you age.
Liquid BioCell collagen has 13 phytonutrient-rich superfoods and resveratrol to improve joints, skin, and the aging process.
If you’re interested in trying it, you can get $10 off your first order with code 4369961. You can find it HERE.
There you go, healthy tips for women over 40. Do you have any advice for staying healthy?
More Over 40 Tips
Beauty For the Heart™~~ After washing their feet, he put on his robe again and sat down and asked, “Do you understand what I was doing? John 13:12
Truth: In John chapter 13, Jesus washes his disciple’s feet. Jesus knew Judas would betray him, Peter would deny him, and all the other disciples were going to scatter. Yet Jesus still washed their feet. What an act of humility and service. We are called to serve like Christ.
Deeper Study: Read John 13:1-17
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.