Dreary winter weather always has me dreaming of a beach vacation! I know many of you are feeling the same way, so I thought I would find some items to pack if you’re heading somewhere tropical, like a resort or cruise.
I know many of you take a mid-winter trip, so whether you are counting down the days to your flight or just dreaming of warm spring and summer weather, this post has a ton of pieces you’ll love!
Before you dive in and start shopping, I wanted to share a few other helpful vacation posts that you may want to look at. Keep in mind that I wrote these last year and will update them soon! But the majority of the links still work.
- Best Face Sunscreens
- Best Self Tanners for the Perfect Glow
- Best Vacation Hats on Amazon
- Best Cover-ups for the Beach and Pool
- Swimsuits for Women Over 40
- Best Jewelry Finds for Vacation
I am a big fan of packing dresses for vacations because they are versatile. Dresses can be worn to dinner, exploring the ship or resort, over your swimsuit as a cover-up, etc. When shopping for vacation, I usually look for bright colors and fun patterns.
- Maxi dresses like this stunning floral print (in hot pink) or this smocked tie-strap (in lake blue or burnt brick) are perfect for wearing to dinner with your favorite sandals or wedges.
- Mini dresses like this hot pink tiered mini dress or this belted dress (in pink) can double as a cover-up or be worn on their own. Throw it over your swimsuit to go grab lunch or browse in a local shop!
- Try a midi dress if you don’t love showing so much leg! I love this one.
- A tee shirt dress like this one paired with your favorite casual sneaker and a light jacket is the perfect recipe for an effortless and comfortable travel outfit.
Tops & Bottoms
I love bringing tops and bottoms that I can mix and match depending on what activity we choose to do each day while we are on a trip! I usually bring a pair of denim and white shorts, white pants, jeans, and a skirt for bottoms. These are good base items that I know will pair well with all of my tops.
- I always bring my favorite camisole. It pairs so well with shorts, pants, and skirts!
- I love fun tops like this one and this one!
- I am a fan of packing skirts because they are easy to dress up or down. I love this one, and it looks great with sneakers, sandals, or wedges!
- If I know I’m going to be doing a lot of active things like hiking, playing golf, etc., then I know I need to bring some activewear like this tennis skirt and tennis shoes.
- These shorts are great!
Shoes & Accessories to Pack
Accessories are a fun and easy way to add some personality to your outfits on vacation because they don’t take up a lot of room in your luggage.
- This pair of sunglasses look much more expensive than they are (under $15!).
- These earrings are perfect for a resort!
- I love these sandals; they can be paired with so many outfits!
- This clutch is perfect for dinner, and you can toss it into your beach or pool bag during the daytime.
- Don’t forget a pair of wedges in case you decide to go to a dressier restaurant!
Swimsuits for Vacation
I love one-piece swimsuits because I think they are so classic and flattering!
- This swimsuit has such a fun neckline!
- This is one of my go-to swimsuits.
- If you’re looking for a fun pattern, you’ll love this one.
Shop More Vacation Clothes from Amazon:
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to stop by my blog. I’m also on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Beauty For the Heart™–The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Psalm 19:1
Truth: We need to develop eyes to see God throughout our day. He will give us glimpses through the beauty of nature, a blooming flower, a glorious sunrise, or a soft snowfall.
We can also put reminders in our home to trigger us to think of God; our favorite Bible sitting by our chair, worship music playing, and even artwork with scripture.
Don’t let a day go by without seeing God at work!
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. For more information on what it means, see my about page: blog compensation and disclosure.