Today’s the first day of summer, and the summer months can be tough on our skin. The heat, humidity, and sun exposure can all take their toll. But with a few summer skin care tips, we can keep our skin looking its best all summer long!
Here are 8 summer skin care tips:
1. Wear sunscreen every day. This is the most important summer skin care tip of all. Sunscreen protects your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays, which can cause premature aging, wrinkles, and skin cancer. Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
2. Switch to a lighter moisturizer. In the summer, your skin produces more oil to help protect it from the heat. As a result, you may not need as heavy of a moisturizer as you do in the winter. Look for a lightweight moisturizer that’s oil-free and non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog your pores.
3. Exfoliate regularly. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and helps to keep your skin looking fresh and radiant. But be sure to exfoliate gently in the summer, as too much exfoliation can irritate your skin. Exfoliate 1-2 times per week with a gentle scrub or cleanser.
4. Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated all year round is important, but it’s especially important in the summer. Drinking plenty of water helps to keep your skin plump and hydrated. I drink lots of water and add the LMNT Keto Electrolyte Powder Packets to my water a couple of times a day. I love them!!
5. Protect your skin from the sun. In addition to wearing sunscreen, you can protect your skin from the sun by wearing a hat and sunglasses. If you’re going to be in the sun for an extended period of time, you may also want to consider sun-protective clothing.
6. Avoid harsh soaps and cleansers. Harsh soaps and cleansers can strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it feeling dry and irritated. Instead, opt for gentle cleansers that are designed for sensitive skin.
7. Take breaks from air conditioning. Air conditioning can dry out your skin. If you’re spending a lot of time in air-conditioned environments, be sure to take breaks to let your skin breathe. You may also want to use a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
8. Get enough sleep. When you’re well-rested, your skin looks its best. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night. I am a stickler for getting a good night’s sleep! I usually stick to a sleep schedule and try to go to bed by nine pm, and I’m up by five am.
These summer skin care tips will help you keep your skin healthy and glowing all summer. So enjoy the sunshine, but don’t forget to protect your skin!
Beauty for the Heart™– Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10
Truth: Be still and know that I am God.
In the midst of chaos and uncertainty, these words from Psalm 46:10 can be a source of comfort. When we feel like the world is falling apart around us, it can be tempting to try to control everything, but instead, we need to learn to be still and know that God is in control.
What does it mean to be still? It means to quiet our hearts and minds so that we can hear God’s voice.
The next time you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed, remember the words of Psalm 46:10. Be still and know that I am God. He is the one who will see you through.
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. For more information on what that means, see my Privacy page.