The holidays are a time for gathering with loved ones, sharing delicious meals, and creating lasting memories. If you’re planning to host a holiday party this year, here’s a guide to help you make it a festive and memorable occasion.
Your Guide to Holiday Entertaining
Plan and Prepare
- Set a date and time: Choose a date and time that works for most of your guests and allows enough time for them to enjoy themselves.
- Create a guest list: Decide how many people you can comfortably accommodate and send out invitations in advance.
- Plan your menu: Consider your guests’ dietary needs and preferences when planning your menu. Make sure you have a variety of dishes to choose from, including appetizers, drinks, and desserts.
- Decorate your home: Deck out your home with festive decorations that reflect the holiday spirit. Use lights, ornaments, garlands, and other decorative elements to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Set the mood: Choose music that is festive and upbeat. You could also create a holiday playlist that your guests can enjoy.
- Have an icebreaker: We played an easy icebreaker at our Christmas party. We divided up into groups of 5 people, and each group had a roll of toilet paper. Each person in the group was asked to take the amount of toilet paper they use when going to the bathroom (lots of fun watching this!). Then you tell them that they are to tell something about themselves with each square they tore off. We had a blast playing this game!
- Most importantly, relax and enjoy yourself! The holidays are a time to celebrate with loved ones, so don’t stress out about making everything perfect.
One of my favorite things to serve during the holidays is my Wassail Punch. It’s delicious and makes your home smell so good. I used this hot beverage dispenser to serve the wassail.
Here are some hosting essentials:
If you’re looking for some home decor, here are some neutral options:
If you’re attending a dressier holiday party, here’s an outfit idea:
With a little planning and preparation, you can host a holiday party that your guests will remember for years to come!
Beauty For the Heart™– You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said. Luke 1:45
Truth: Elizabeth tells Mary, who is pregnant with Jesus, that she will be blessed for believing. There is a blessing in believing! We, too, need to be women who believe that God’s promises are true. Let’s believe His promises and know that He is faithful!
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
*Disclosure: The links in this post are affiliate links, meaning I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!