Happy hump day! Today I’m sharing 5 tips for wearing shorts. First, let me say if you don’t want to wear them, don’t wear them. There are plenty of options!
Instead of wearing shorts, wear a casual dress like this one I recently styled from Amazon.
Another option is a jumpsuit. You can find dressy and casual ones.
Flowy pants are always a great option.
Maxi dresses and skirts work too!
Here are 5 Tips for Wearing Shorts
1. First, I like to add some self-tanner to give my legs some color. I little bit of tan always makes me feel better.
2. Next, find shorts that fit you well. Don’t wear shorts that are too tight or too baggy.
3. Inseam is always a big issue for most women who are over 40. There’s no hard-fast rule, and it depends on your height as to what will look best on you.
I’m 5’6″ and prefer a 5-inch inseam. These chino shorts are from JCPenney and work well for me.
4. If you want to wear shorts but don’t want to accentuate your legs, add a cute top with details and statement earrings like I did below.
5. Think about your body type, accentuate the positive, and minimize the problem areas.
- Tall ladies typically look great in bermuda shorts.
- Short ladies with shorts legs should stay away from bermuda shorts and capris that hit right below the knee.
- If you’re curvy, high waisted shorts are your friend. They accentuate your waistline.
- If you have a boyish figure (straight up and down figure), you can add details to your shorts—cute pockets on the backside with detail.
- Apple shape ladies typically have good legs, so accentuate the positive with dark wash jeans with a cuff.
Bonus tip: To create longer legs, always wear a light-colored sandal with your shorts.
Do you have any tips to share?
Beauty for the Heart~~ I think the reason we sometimes have the false sense that God is so far away is because that is where we have put him. We have kept him at a distance, and then when we are in need and call on him in prayer, we wonder where he is. He is exactly where we left him. -Ravi Zacharias (March 26, 1946-May 19, 2020)
Have a blessed day!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.