Hi ladies! This time of year, I get asked about shorts for women over 40. How to wear them? What length? Today, I’ve got 5 tips for wearing shorts over 40.
First, let me say if you don’t want to wear shorts, don’t wear them, there are no rules that say you have to wear them.
There are other options; dresses like this one from LOFT are a great casual and comfortable option.
This dress from Amazon can be worn with flat sandals for a more casual look.
Maxi dresses are on-trend and a great option for spring and summer.
I love jumpsuits, and this one from Gibson is really comfortable.
Here are 5 Tips for Wearing Shorts
1. Wear self-tanner. Self-tanner hides imperfections, and I always feel better when my legs aren’t so pale. I recently shared some of the best self-tanners in this post HERE.
2. Find shorts that fit you well. Don’t wear shorts that are too tight or too baggy. I recommend sizing up in your shorts from your regular size, so they aren’t too tight.
3. Inseam is always a big issue for most women who are over 40. There’s no hard-fast rule, and it depends on your height and body type as to what length will look best on you. Typically shorts are short (3½” – 4″ inseam), mid-length (5″-7″) or Bermuda (9″-11″).
I’m 5’5″ and prefer a 5-inch inseam.
4. Pay attention to the leg opening. I don’t like the leg opening too tight because it accentuates the largest part of my leg.
5. Think about your body type, accentuate the positive, and minimize the problem areas.
- Tall ladies typically look great in bermuda shorts.
- Short ladies with shorts legs should stay away from bermuda shorts.
- If you’re curvy, high-waisted shorts are your friend. They accentuate your waistline.
- If you have a boyish figure (straight up and down figure), you can add details to your shorts—cute pockets on the backside with detail.
- Apple shape ladies typically have good legs, so accentuate the positive with dark wash jeans with a cuff.
Bonus tip: To create longer legs, always wear a light-colored sandal with your shorts.
Do you have any tips to share?
Beauty for the Heart~~Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12 NIV
Our whole globe is suffering from hope deferred. It’s been 14 months of a health threat, social unrest, and fear. We’re all longing for “normal,” and it is continually deferred.
But the Lord is to be our only hope, our ever-present! He is never deferred. We have access to Him 24/7, and his presence is not limited by any circumstance or atmosphere of unrest. He is our tree of life! -Kristin Knipp
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.