Tremendous thanks to Walmart+ for sponsoring this post.
The 4th of July is a time for celebrating with family and friends, and what better way to do that than with a delicious dessert? This summer berry trifle is the perfect way to end your Independence Day celebration.
The trifle has layers of pound cake, fresh berries, and a cream cheese mixture. The berries’ red, white, and blue colors make it the perfect dessert for the holiday.
To make life easier, I ordered groceries using my Walmart+ membership, and everything I needed was delivered right to my door for free.
Walmart+ offers a variety of benefits, including free delivery on groceries ($35 order minimum, restrictions apply), fuel discounts at over 14k participating stations nationwide, and early access to events and deals. If you’re looking for a way to save time and money on your grocery shopping, a Walmart+ membership is a great option. (See Walmart+ Terms & Conditions for more).
Here are some of the benefits of ordering your groceries with Walmart+:
- Free delivery on groceries: With Walmart+, you can get free delivery on groceries from your local Walmart store. This means you don’t have to worry about lugging heavy bags of groceries home from the store. ($35 order minimum, restrictions apply)
- Member prices on fuel: Walmart+ members save up to 10 cents off per gallon on fuel at over 14k participating fuel stations nationwide. (Fuel discount varies by location and station, subject to change.)
- Early access to sales and promotions: Walmart+ members get early access to events and deals on various items, including groceries. This means you can get the best deals before anyone else. (Not available to trial members. While supplies last.)
- Free shipping with no order minimum: With Walmart+, you get free shipping on all your online orders, regardless of the order amount. (Excludes most Marketplace items, location and freight surcharges.)
Summer Berry Trifle
Here are the ingredients and what I ordered from Walmart+:
- ¾ cup (8 oz) seedless raspberry jam
- 1 quart (1½ pounds) strawberries, hulled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 pint (12 oz) raspberries
- 1 pint (12 oz) blueberries
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 16 ounces cream cheese (preferably Philadelphia brand) at room temperature
- 1¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Sara Lee Classic Pound Cake (cut in squares)
- Fresh mint spring, for garnish (optional)
Heat the raspberry jam in a large bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until it liquifies. Add the fresh berries and toss to coat. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the recipe, stirring occasionally.
In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form (I’m using my favorite mixer). Set aside. In another large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla, then beat in a third of the whipped cream. Fold in the rest of the whipped cream using a large rubber spatula until well combined.
Slice the pound cake into squares. I sliced it and then sliced it down the middle into small squares.
Cover the bottom of a 9-inch (14-cup capacity) trifle dish or glass bowl with a layer of pound cake.
Follow with ⅓ of the berry-jam mixture, then ⅓ of the cream. Alternate, ending with the cream cheese mixture on top; for the last layer.
Garnish with the reserved whole berries and a fresh mint spring if using.
Here are some additional tips for making the perfect summer berry trifle:
- Use fresh, ripe berries.
- Refrigerate the trifle for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves.
This trifle is sure to be a hit at your next 4th of July party!
Walmart+ thinks you’ll like it so much that there’s a 30-day free trial you can easily sign up for if you want to try it out! Go HERE to sign up.
Beauty For the Heart™– When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:18-19
Truth: This passage reminds us of the comfort that God can bring us in our times of trouble. When we feel out of control, like we’re going to fall, God’s love is there to catch us.
“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” This part of the verse tells us that God’s presence can bring us joy and comfort even in the midst of our worries. When we feel overwhelmed, we can turn to God and know He is there to help us.
Psalm 94:18-19 is a powerful reminder that God is always with us, even in our darkest moments. His love and support can give us the strength to overcome any obstacle.
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!