With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s easy to let our health go by the wayside. The combination of cold weather, a packed social calendar, unhealthy holiday foods, and the season’s stress leaves many of us feeling overwhelmed and unhealthy once January rolls around. This is why prioritizing our health to help us stay healthy during the Holiday season is important for our bodies and minds.
I’m all about baby steps, and starting with one thing that enables you to feel better, there is no need to wait until January.
How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday Season
Here is what the Oura ring tracks:
- Sleep (Daily Sleep Score, Bedtime Guidance, Blood Oxygen (SpO2) Sensing)
- Early Illness Detection (Sudden shifts in skin temperature and HRV, Personalized Rest and Recovery Insights)
- Activity & Recovery (Daily Activity Tracking and Scores, Readiness Score, Calorie Opt-out)
- Heart Health (24/7 Heart Rate Monitoring, Heart Rate Variability)
- Stress (Daytime Stress. )Stress Resilience
AG1 by Athletic Greens is power-packed with 75 high-quality vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced nutrients to support optimal brain, body, and gut health.
Armra– This is something new I’ve added to my supplements in the last couple of months. I heard Dr. Sarah Rahal on a podcast and was impressed with her research and the product. Armra is colostrum, and you can read more about it here.
Tips to Stay Healthy
- Exercise is just as important for your mental well-being and is a fantastic stress reliever, so try to get your body moving daily. I strength train 3 times a week. There are so many benefits to strength training as we age.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated! During this time of year, we get so busy that we forget to drink enough water. Consuming plenty of water helps to boost brain function, aids in hydration, and maintains healthy skin. I add Re-Lyte Hydration to my water several times a day.
- I try to eat between 75 to 100 grams of protein daily paired with vegetables, which helps keep me energized and feeling full throughout the day. I also intermittently fast on most days.
- A good night’s rest is crucial for your overall health. It’s important to allow your body to rest and recover. I am passionate about this one. I use the Oura ring to track my sleep progress; it’s crucial for feeling our best.
I love this time of year and want to enjoy the holiday season, but I also want to continue to prioritize my health. It’s all about balance!
Beauty for the Heart™— For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8
Truth: Godliness is more important than physical fitness because of its eternal value. Physical fitness is a good thing. At the very least, it means caring for the body God gave us. But physical fitness only benefits us while we have this physical body. On the other hand, spiritual growth impacts eternity.
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
*Disclosure: The links in this post are affiliate links, meaning I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!