Since we are gearing up for Valentine’s Day, I’m sharing 5 Ways to Make Your Marriage Stronger. My husband and I have worked HARD to have a great marriage.
We’ve had ups and downs, we get mad, we disagree, but when it’s all said and done, we are passionate about each other, period.
While I’m not an expert on marriage, after 25 years of marriage, I have found some ways to keep a marriage strong.
Here are 5 Ways To Make Your Marriage Stronger:
1. Pray together. Sounds crazy but spending time praying out loud together is very special and intimate. We pray for each other. No one knows me better than Wayne and I love it when he prayers over me and for my specific concerns. If you haven’t done this before, try it, even if it feels a little uncomfortable at first.
2. Go on Dates. I know this has been said a thousand times but it’s so true. We need to date after we’re married. It’s hard when your children are young but the time invested is worth it. Even after your children are grown like ours, it’s still important to go on dates. Wayne and I love it now more than ever because we don’t have to pay for a babysitter.
3. Read the Bible Together. If you want to spice up your marriage with a book, read the Bible, specifically the Song of Solomon. Trust me on this one.
4. Laugh Together. I’m telling you this has been a life saver for us. We laugh in our marriage, A LOT! If you were to ask Wayne what he loves the most about me, my belly laughing would be at the top of his list.
5. Play Together. Wayne and I are very different. We don’t have the same hobbies but we try to find things we do like to do together. We both love water, the ocean, the lake etc. We love to eat out together and we love to go see a movie.
It’s important to show interest in each other’s hobbies. I have sat in a deer stand with my husband and he goes shopping with me all the time. Act like kids again and have fun!
Remember our marriages are to mimic our relationship with our heavenly father. Guard your marriage and honor Christ above all!
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
For More Beauty For the Heart posts go here.
If you would like to receive my posts in your inbox, you can sign up to receive my daily emails (I share a little more about what’s going on behind the blog in my emails 🙂 ) and you’ll never miss a thing. I’m also on Facebook, Pinterest and my favorite one, Instagram.