Happy Sunday, ladies! I am headed to church in a few minutes, and these days I’m so thankful to be able to go to church. We wear our masks, and we have to sit in certain areas, but I’m still grateful.
There is a lot going on in our world right now. If we’re not careful, we can get caught up in all that is wrong and forget all the good. Amid everything, don’t forget to live life!
Jesus reminds us in John 10:10, I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. We have to remember that God is still in control, and none of this has caught him off guard.
Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors. His books are easy reads, and sometimes I like simple and to the point.
One of my favorites is called, In The Eye of The Storm; A Day In The Life Of Jesus.
Max Lucado made a list of how we should live our life. Since our lives are very different right now, this list is a good reminder.
- Love God more than you fear hell.
- Once a week, let a child take you on a walk.
- Make major decisions in a cemetery.
- When no one is watching, live as if someone is.
- Succeed at home first.
- Don’t spend tomorrow’s money today.
- Pray twice as much as you fret.
- Listen twice as much as you speak.
- Only harbor a grudge when God does.
- Never outgrow your love of sunsets.
- Treat people like angels; you will meet some and help make some.
- ‘Tis wiser to err on the side of generosity than on the side of scrutiny.
- God has forgiven you; you’d be wise to do the same.
- When you can’t trace God’s hand, trust His heart.
- Toot your own horn, and the notes will be flat.
- Don’t feel guilty for God’s goodness.
- The book of life is lived in chapters, so know your page number.
- Never let the important be the victim of the trivial.
- Live your liturgy.
I would add, even amid a pandemic, don’t forget to live life. We can be safe and smart but still enjoy life!
This song reminded me of my Mom because I can’t tell you the times she told me to speak His name. When you’re hurt, when your scared, feeling anxious, speak the name of Jesus.
Have a blessed day!
DON’T’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.